1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with firewall

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sgb, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgb

sgb Thread Starter

I have zone alarm and my fire wall is not letting me be connected to my internet explorer. i called my cable company and they told me my fire wall was blocking my internet connection how to i correct this problem so i can run my internet explorer so i can be connected again. ????? please help I am afraid to do anything now i am lucky to be connect to you guys. so why is my firewall blocking my connection to internet explore 6.0 . ????? so HELP (n) (n) :( thank you sharon

2. GrumpyHermit

GrumpyHermit

Try double-clicking on ZoneAlarm so that the control panel opens up; then go to Program Control, then click on the Programs tab. Scroll down until you find Internet Explorer, and make sure that it is listed as ok for Trusted and Internet. If it isn't, left click on the red X and choose allow from the box that pops up. Do this for both areas.

If they are already both showing a green check mark which means allow, then I can't help you further. :confused:

ZoneAlarm is a permissions-based firewall, which means you have to grant access to the internet for all of the programs that you use regularly. Everytime you open a program that needs internet access, ZoneAlarm will pop up a box asking if it is all right for this to occur. You'll need to grant access to IE, any other web browsers such as Firefox that you use; also Outlook Express, any Instant Messengers that you use, any file-sharing programs that you use, and any media players that you use. There are others, but that is enough for now. You should make a point of reading the ZoneAlarm tutorial, available by bringing up the control panel.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice