1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Flight Simulator 2004 "memory available"

Discussion in 'Games' started by danielvillava, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danielvillava

danielvillava Thread Starter

Hello everybody,
    I recently had and still have this problem with my Flight Simulator 2004. The problem is that when I start a flight my computer gives me a message saying:

"Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may noy have enough free space on your hard drive. Run Disk Cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again."

It says that I may not have enough free space, but I have. In my 80GB HD (the one I have my sim installed) there are 33.8GB of free space. Isn't that wierd?
    I'll try using ccleaner to free some memory, but I don't know if my 1GB DDR Memory is also a problem... maybe I have to add 512MB or more. See my computer specs.

Hope you help me guys, thanks!!

2. Mr.Magee

Mr.Magee

Never had this problem with my FS9. 1GB of RAM is definitely not much for gaming. Not sure what your running, but DDR2 is really cheap now-a-days. I recommend snagging yourself another stick from newegg.

3. gomes

gomes

Run Memtest86 and see if your RAM is faulty. In addition, 1gb of RAM isn't anything special anymore for gaming. You should have at least 2gb of RAM. Close any programs and applications running in the background to improve performance for your gaming experience. If I were you, I'd try closing EVERY program, including anti virus and spyware, and see if the game runs.

4. RoBe

RoBe

might be that you've run out of space on the paging file

5. danielvillava

danielvillava Thread Starter

Hi, I'm back with good news :)
    When I end Processes in the Task Manager, including anti virus and spyware, I start my sim and it runs fine :)
    I don't like closing programs, so I'll get 1Gb more for my computer ;) Hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks, Daniel.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702873

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice