1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with folder 'Sort by' options - Explosive Irritation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Steedward, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steedward

Steedward Thread Starter

With my (self built) PC at home each folder and sub folder remembers individually what it's being sorted by, so for example:

Documents>Contracts

Documents is in alphabetical order, and the contracts sub folder is ordered by date modified.

For some reason my office computer, made by Scan, the sort by seems to be global. If I go into contracts and sort by date modified, when I go back/up a directory my previous alphabetically ordered Documents will now be ordered by date as well.

This is astonishingly irritating, and I can't for the life of me work how to change this or why it's happening. Please help!

(Home PC is Win 7 Ultimate, Office PC is Win 7 Pro)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice