problem with graphic card detection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stillen

my pc specs are :
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1980 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 52617 MB, Free - 47095 MB; D: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 648767 MB; F: Total - 100000 MB, Free - 99807 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-ES2L

the problem is i replaced my nvidia 8600 gt 512 mb g card..
but now it is not getting detected.. pc post but display comes from onboard vga but fan of card spins
also one ati radeon card x300 which i m sure is fine is giving weired display..
so i m confused about what is bad ...is it motherboard or the processor
mb is a new one but the cpu is 4 years old..also i overclocked it to2.7 ghz when the card gone bad...
also most of my data is getting courrpted dont know why ..?
what it could be cpu i guess..
plz help.

Hello,
did you make sure to set up the BIOS in order to use the PCI-Express card as the primary display adapter? No, your CPU should be fine. Could you tell us more about your PSU (how many watts)?

also most of my data is getting courrpted dont know why ..?
Also, what do you mean by that?

stillen

hello,

yes i set the bios options right...and i forgot to tell....psu is 280 watts but its a good one from compaq..originial one...so i think that psu is not the matter as psu is capable of some good amperes...

also data corruption ..i mean whenever i try to install a big game or download a big file from my college intranet .. it gets corrupted ...mainly crc error is coming.
thankyou for reply...

Your power supply is almost certainly too small. You should put in a 500 or lerger for that card and any powered add-ons you have.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online