1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with graphic card detection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stillen, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stillen

stillen Thread Starter

my pc specs are :
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1980 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 52617 MB, Free - 47095 MB; D: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 648767 MB; F: Total - 100000 MB, Free - 99807 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G41M-ES2L

the problem is i replaced my nvidia 8600 gt 512 mb g card..
    but now it is not getting detected.. pc post but display comes from onboard vga but fan of card spins
    also one ati radeon card x300 which i m sure is fine is giving weired display..
    so i m confused about what is bad ...is it motherboard or the processor
    mb is a new one but the cpu is 4 years old..also i overclocked it to2.7 ghz when the card gone bad...
    also most of my data is getting courrpted dont know why ..?
    what it could be cpu i guess..
    plz help.

2. nickgr5

nickgr5

Hello,
    did you make sure to set up the BIOS in order to use the PCI-Express card as the primary display adapter? No, your CPU should be fine. Could you tell us more about your PSU (how many watts)?

Also, what do you mean by that?

3. stillen

stillen Thread Starter

hello,

yes i set the bios options right...and i forgot to tell....psu is 280 watts but its a good one from compaq..originial one...so i think that psu is not the matter as psu is capable of some good amperes...

also data corruption ..i mean whenever i try to install a big game or download a big file from my college intranet .. it gets corrupted ...mainly crc error is coming.
    thankyou for reply...

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Your power supply is almost certainly too small. You should put in a 500 or lerger for that card and any powered add-ons you have.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice