Problem with hard disk

alexmalai

Hi. I have a problem with a second hard disk. I was having troubles with my computer (pages open much slower, freezing, etc.) and believed that the problem was in my internal HDD. I have one SSD for Windows 10 and programs. By removing the HDD all the problems were solved so I bought another one. Today it came to me, I connected it and it has given me the same problems as with the previous one. Apart from making noise, my pc detects it but I cannot access it and I must format it. The format or fails or after format it I can access the hard disk but when I try to use it, the windows freeze and I lost the access to the disk. I have tried using another cable and connect the hard drive to other ports. I don't know where the problem may be. Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97P - D3 CPU: i7 4790k GPU: GTX 1070 Source: CS650M Corsair.

The old one was a Seagate Barracuda 3 TB; the new one is also a Seagate Barracuda but with 2TB. With the old one, Windows even don't start. I made a few test and there are no changes between chaging the sata cable or the cable that conects to the power supply

crjdriver

The first thing I would do would be to boot the system with the seatools bootable ie dos ver. Test the drive with both the long and short tests. If the drive tests OK, then you may have a problem with the sata port, motherboard controller, etc. Here is a link for the bootable utility;
https://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online