1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with hardware when watching media

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bensmith11, Mar 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bensmith11

bensmith11 Thread Starter

I got a new keyboard yesterday (Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum) and every time I go to watch media say for example a YouTube video, either my keyboard or my mouse (Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum) will freeze until the tab with the video is closed out, resulting in me having to Ctrl + W out every time I want to switch videos or use my hardware. This happened prior to having this keyboard but only sometimes with the mouse. Any suggestions?
    -
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 8173 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (374 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3
    Antivirus: Webroot SecureAnywhere, Enabled and Updated

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I would be surprised if it was actually a mouse of keyboard issue.

Are you using the generic Windows drivers or the Logitech software/drivers? Assuming you are using the Logitech software, uninstall it all, reboot, and test. Windows will load the generic drivers on startup. If that resolves it, it's a Logitech software/driver issue. If that doesn't resolve it, test using a different keyboard and mouse (also with default drivers).

3. bensmith11

bensmith11 Thread Starter

I did what you mentioned in your reply, no luck. Any other suggestions?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As you mention YouTube, try using a different browser if you haven't already.

You could also try manually updating/reinstalling the motherboard/USB drivers, audio drivers, and video drivers (motherboard/USB for device connectivity - audio/video drivers for media playback).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice