Problem with home network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KillerAggie

Ok guys, here's a new on for you. I have a linksys 4-port router. Up until 2 days ago it was working fine. I decided to go wireless and bought a d-link wireless router and cards for my 2 computers. It refused to function in my house so I ditched it and decided to hard wire everything. When I hook my old router up it refuses to let both computers access the net. One computer can access the router, but cant access the net and one computer can access the net but not the router. I've tried everything I can think of all to no avail. Help!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Exactly how is the network wired?

I'm guessing that you have all of the devices plugged into the LAN port, which would give what you describe.

Plug the broadband modem into the WAN port.
Plug each of the computers into one of the LAN ports.

Let us know if it works better. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online