1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Hotmail and Other

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ignigena, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ignigena

Ignigena Thread Starter

For the past few days, Ive been trying to access different sites, including Hotmail, but instead of letting me view the site and login, All i get is a blank page and at the bottom it says "Done". This is also the case for many other web sites ive tryed to visit. I thought it might have someting to do with Java, or ActiveX , so I tryed installing the latest Java Runtime Environment. That didnt work. It said I had the latest one. Im at a loss as to what it could be. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you.

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi..deleting all your temp files will help..
    Check your cookie settings...control panel>internet options..What operating system are you using?
    Do you have a Anti virus and Spyware programs running?
    Spybot..Ad-Aware..link below..
    Check for up-dates..scan..remove what they find...

3. Ignigena

Ignigena Thread Starter

I am running windows xp. I deleted all of the temp files, and Ive run scans until completely clean, on both spybot, and adaware. And still, anytime I want to visit any website or use any web site link that uses javascript, nothing loads. I get a blank screen that says "done" at the bottom.

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi..run a HJT log ..see what is running on your system...
    www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe
    Close all windows..D/load.install in own C:\ program file.
    Let it scan save logfile to notepad>edit>select all>edit>copy>paste on your thread..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/368793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice