Problem with HP Monitor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BlueAla

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3959 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G210, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597453 MB, Free - 493963 MB; D: Total - 12923 MB, Free - 1791 MB; L: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 123318 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, IONA, 1.0,
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Recently My Screen has blanked in use then recovered. So I did check on machine could not find a problem, so I have carried on using. Yesterday Screen froze and message displayed' NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver 259.36 stopped working and recovered'. I am concerned that the problem is getting worse. What can I do about it?

Hi, this is likely to be a problem with the graphics card, drivers or overheating.

Get a can of compressed air and give the inside of the PC a good clean out, paying particualr attention to the heatsink on the CPU and the graphics card. Take the card out and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slot on the motherboard.

If problems continue try downloading the latest driver for your card and save to the desktop, uninstall the graphics driver from within Device Manager and then install the new driver.

If that doesn't fix it then run Furmark to test the stability of the graphics card.

Download Furmark 1.8.5. version from here
FurMark Setup:
• If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
• In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
• Click "Go" to start the test
• Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90ºC. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
• Click "Quit" to exit
This guide tells you a bit more.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3959 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G210, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 597453 MB, Free - 493963 MB; D: Total - 12923 MB, Free - 1791 MB; L: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 123318 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, IONA, 1.0,
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Recently My Screen has blanked in use then recovered. So I did check on machine could not find a problem, so I have carried on using. Yesterday Screen froze and message displayed' NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver 259.36 stopped working and recovered'. I am concerned that the problem is getting worse. What can I do about it?
Your NVIDIA graphics driver is pretty outdated. The current version is 285.62.

Here is the download link for the NVIDIA GeForce G210 for Windows 7(64-bit):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

The new driver will install over and replace the old driver, so there's no need to uninstall it first.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online