1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with HP Monitor

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by BlueAla, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BlueAla

BlueAla Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3959 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G210, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 597453 MB, Free - 493963 MB; D: Total - 12923 MB, Free - 1791 MB; L: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 123318 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, IONA, 1.0,
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Recently My Screen has blanked in use then recovered. So I did check on machine could not find a problem, so I have carried on using. Yesterday Screen froze and message displayed' NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver 259.36 stopped working and recovered'. I am concerned that the problem is getting worse. What can I do about it?

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Hi, this is likely to be a problem with the graphics card, drivers or overheating.

Get a can of compressed air and give the inside of the PC a good clean out, paying particualr attention to the heatsink on the CPU and the graphics card. Take the card out and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slot on the motherboard.

If problems continue try downloading the latest driver for your card and save to the desktop, uninstall the graphics driver from within Device Manager and then install the new driver.

If that doesn't fix it then run Furmark to test the stability of the graphics card.

3. iRiguez

iRiguez

What are your computer temps looking like?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your NVIDIA graphics driver is pretty outdated. The current version is 285.62.

Here is the download link for the NVIDIA GeForce G210 for Windows 7(64-bit):

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

The new driver will install over and replace the old driver, so there's no need to uninstall it first.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice