1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with IBM Thinkpad T21

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hgt, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hgt

hgt Thread Starter

Hello, I wondered if anyone could help me please.

I have an IBM Thinkpad laptop (model T21). However when I thurn it one all I get is 7 beeps (3, then anopther 3, then 1) the LCD stays blank and even an extrnal monitor remains blank. I can hear the HDD spin up and all the light light as normal. Does anyone know what the 7 beeps mean? Could it be memory failure perhaps?

Many thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you tried IBM's website? If you put in your 7 digit type model you can get specific support for your laptop. You should also be able to download manuals.

http://www.ibm.com/support/us/

3. hgt

hgt Thread Starter

Hi, Yes, I have tried that thanks but there is nothing in the manual to explain what it may be.

4. rockinmale

rockinmale

5. hgt

hgt Thread Starter

Thanks very much for that, yes it looks like I have a failed DIMM, I wonder it it takes standard DIMMS!

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No, it takes SO-DIMM's - they are different from your normal PC RAM sticks - and laptops are much picky about the RAM installed too so you probably can't just go to another laptop and swap RAM, although it 'could' work.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice