Problem with IE and Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SepiasSoul

I went to check my email today and when I went to hotmail's site it said connection refused. So after reppeating and getting the same error several times I tried my earthlink email and got the same result. I went to windows update just to see if something was missing from my pc (I've had a few recent problems with windows but they seem to be fixed) and I get error 0x8024502d with the message "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view." I tried several other site that dont have log ins and they seem to work fine. techguy.org seems to work fine and lets me log in with no problems. One site I went to mentioned that I didn't have a program called WP it had a link to install WP but when I clicked on the link it said I already had it. I ran Windoctor and it found nothing. I'm thinking it might be an active x problem or something. Any suggestions?

Sepias

SepiasSoul said:
I went to check my email today and when I went to hotmail's site it said connection refused. So after reppeating and getting the same error several times I tried my earthlink email and got the same result. I went to windows update just to see if something was missing from my pc (I've had a few recent problems with windows but they seem to be fixed) and I get error 0x8024502d with the message "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view." I tried several other site that dont have log ins and they seem to work fine. techguy.org seems to work fine and lets me log in with no problems. One site I went to mentioned that I didn't have a program called WP it had a link to install WP but when I clicked on the link it said I already had it. I ran Windoctor and it found nothing. I'm thinking it might be an active x problem or something. Any suggestions?

Sepias
Hi Sepias,

Try this: http://www.electrosonics.net/technotes/xperror0x8024502D.htm
and if that does not work, try:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x8024502d.html

-- Tom

SepiasSoul

Nope still not working. When i try to log in via IE i get the page cannot be displayed error were as Firefox give me conncection refused. When I tried the proxycfg -u it came back with a reg entry for IE followed by
winhttpsettings :
and one that says
Direct access <no proxy server>

Any more ideas?
Sepias

SepiasSoul said:
Nope still not working. When i try to log in via IE i get the page cannot be displayed error were as Firefox give me conncection refused. When I tried the proxycfg -u it came back with a reg entry for IE followed by
winhttpsettings :
and one that says
Direct access <no proxy server>

Any more ideas?
Sepias
Are both IE and Firefox direct connection vs proxy?

-- Tom

SepiasSoul

Both FF and IE run to a router then to the modem so whichever that would make em. I beleive it would be direct.

SepiasSoul

Neither of those two did anything. Im still getting the same errors.

SepiasSoul

I just notice that my copy of nortons personal firewall isn't starting with windows like its suppose to if that is any help.

SepiasSoul

It was something with nortons fiirewall. I started it up and added back to my msconfig startup list and rebooted and now its all working. Thanks for all your help lotuseclat.

Sepias

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online