1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Indiana Jones: Emperor's Tomb

Discussion in 'Games' started by danielins, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danielins

danielins Thread Starter

So this is an old game that is fantastic. It's just plain old FUN. Don't find many games nowadays that can be so entertaining. Plus the puzzles are interesting and the gameplay is good. Great scenery too.

Anyway.

I've been getting a problem: when I try to run the game, I get an error.. the window is called "ABORT", and the message reads:

"(Render) Unable to initialize D3D on your system. You need to update DirectX 8.1 or later, and make sure that your video card supports hardware transformation and lighting!"

Now, my DirectX is updated 9, and my video card (NVidia GeForce FX 5200) already ran this game before and has an updated driver. What could be the trouble? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Welcome, have you try the compatibility mode?

3. danielins

danielins Thread Starter

Thanks for the prompt answer!

If by this you mean the computer compatibility tester, I ran it already, and everything checked out as compatible... ironically enough, one of the components is the 3D driver on the Videocard, and it's marked "passed".

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

No, the Operating System Compatiblity,

Right click on the application you want to run, go to compatibility and set it to the previous operating system versions (example :windows 98/95, etc)

5. danielins

danielins Thread Starter

That didn't help.. any other ideas?

I tried with Windows 95 and 98/ME, by the way.

6. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Please post your dxdiag.

7. danielins

danielins Thread Starter

my computer is in portuguese so if I post the dxdiag it will be meaningless to you, but I ran it and showed no errors in any of the components, this includes Video and the 3D rendering.

8. danielins

danielins Thread Starter

any ideas?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice