1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Installation (Age of Mythology, Vista)

Discussion in 'Games' started by RA_pierce, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RA_pierce

RA_pierce Thread Starter

Hello all.
    First post here, hopefully someone can offer some help.

Firstly, I am not a frequent gamer nor do I have much more than basic knowledge of computers-- hence the reason I am here.
    If any info is needed about my machine, etc. in order for you to provide assistance, I will do my best to provide it. However, I would appreciate it if the technical talk could be laid out in layman's terms.

A long time ago I tried to install Age of Mythology on my computer (HP G60 purchased last year).
    I am running windows vista 32 bit.

There was a problem with the installation and it was interrupted and could not be completed. I had to restart my computer.
    When I try to reinstall the game, I get the prompt asking for permission. But when I click "allow," the disc spins for a moment, then stops, and nothing happens.

I've been searching for a long time for a solution, but could not find any specific to my problem. I eventually gave up, but figured I'd give a computer tech forum a shot.

There are no program files that I know of that are installed, and the game does not appear in the install/uninstall programs list.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. RA_pierce

RA_pierce Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick response.
    Sorry, I cannot recall if there was an error message or not or what it could have said. The first attempt to install was last year. I vaguely recall my computer freezing up.
    I don't know if it is a problem with my computer or the program.
    I have even tried installing the free trial version and just using the CD key to activate it, but the same thing happens.

Thank you for the link.

Since it is not compatible, is there any way I can make it run?

4. Megabite

Megabite

Yea install XP as dual boot....... and play it on XP

5. Megabite

Megabite

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/925007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice