1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with inter explorer shutting down

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by skyfox, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyfox

skyfox Thread Starter

I'm using windows XP/svsp 2 on a PC & win Inter Explorer 6. I haven't upgraded to 7 because in the past it causes more problems until bugs are worked out. I use webroots spysweeper for spywear & mcafee antivirus suite. A few weeks ago, I was getting messages that windows needs to shut down internet explorer on just one site where I'd go back and forth from list to list item. Now, it's happening frequently with other sites as well. Only 1 time did I get an error message, which said there was a problem with yt.dll add-on, yahoo toolbar. So, I upgraded the yahoo toolbar, as I was getting messages from the site to do this. this did not help the problem. I also was having problems with the desktop part of my palm desktop calander where it is deleting or moving appointments I have put in, but I haven't seen problem again (happened 2xs last week; this was new problem & I've been using the palm desktop applications for over a yr). I read in one of the posts where person had similar problem & it was recommended to delete add-ons. How does one determine which add-ons to delete & how does one delete them. Also, is there anything else I should do? thank you, skyfox
    Additional info: was just using IE & got message: IEXPLORER.EXE – Application error. The instruction at “0x7c91552a” referenced memory at “0x0902fb38”. The memory could not be “written”. Click ok to terminate program click ok to debug program. Is this related to my problem or another issue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice