1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BadAssBCBoy, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BadAssBCBoy

BadAssBCBoy Thread Starter

Hello people,

Happy New Year.

For some reason we can only go to certain websites. Like this one for example. I have tryed releasing and renewing the ip address and tryed the system restore function as well as a few things with the tech from telus. All with no luck if anyone knows anything about this pleaselet me know. thanks

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

Are you using any sort of proxy server? Ad blocking software? What message do you get when you try to visit a blocked site? What OS are you using? What browser?

3. Del

Del

What O/S are you running?
    What browser and version?
    Please give examples of the sites you can't get to and the error message you receive?

4. BadAssBCBoy

I am running windows xp, i believe we have IE6. We had PopUpStopper Pro, uninstalled it just in case. There wernt really any error messages it just wouldnt load the site. For instance our home page is msn.ca, so when I click on the IE icon it should go there, but it doesnt if you wait long enough it says gateway timed out. but I have just been stopping it. I can come to this site which is how I posted the first message, I cant go to atbfinancialonline.com, but I can go to TDcanadatrust.com. I could not use Windows Update it said that the program was not reponding and caused an error, and then I could not send the error report to microsoft. It was trying but taking a very long time. I am not at the office right now, so use this information and I will check back in the morning. and give you and update on the IE version. thanks again.

5. BadAssBCBoy

Internet Summary

Version 6.0.2800.1106
    Build 62800.1106
    Application Path C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
    Language English (United States)
    Active Printer hp officejet v series,winspool,Ne01:

Cipher Strength 128-bit
    Content Advisor Disabled
    IEAK Install No

System Summary

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name ARMAGUARD
    System Manufacturer GBT___
    System Model AWRDACPI
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1716 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 8/15/2002
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

6. Del

Del

Here are a few things you can try:
    1) Go to Start > Run and type in "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes and click OK, you should see a command window pop up and disappear.
    2) Go to Start > Run and type in "netsh interface ip reset log.txt" without the quotes and click OK, you should see a command window pop up and disappear.
    3) Go to IE and Tools > Internet Options.
    Click on Privacy and Lower the slide bar to the bottom.
    Click Apply, Click OK, Close IE and reboot.
    See if any of this helps..

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice