problem with internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BadAssBCBoy

Hello people,

Happy New Year.

For some reason we can only go to certain websites. Like this one for example. I have tryed releasing and renewing the ip address and tryed the system restore function as well as a few things with the tech from telus. All with no luck if anyone knows anything about this pleaselet me know. thanks

Are you using any sort of proxy server? Ad blocking software? What message do you get when you try to visit a blocked site? What OS are you using? What browser?

Del

What O/S are you running?
What browser and version?
Please give examples of the sites you can't get to and the error message you receive?

BadAssBCBoy

I am running windows xp, i believe we have IE6. We had PopUpStopper Pro, uninstalled it just in case. There wernt really any error messages it just wouldnt load the site. For instance our home page is msn.ca, so when I click on the IE icon it should go there, but it doesnt if you wait long enough it says gateway timed out. but I have just been stopping it. I can come to this site which is how I posted the first message, I cant go to atbfinancialonline.com, but I can go to TDcanadatrust.com. I could not use Windows Update it said that the program was not reponding and caused an error, and then I could not send the error report to microsoft. It was trying but taking a very long time. I am not at the office right now, so use this information and I will check back in the morning. and give you and update on the IE version. thanks again.

BadAssBCBoy

Internet Summary

Version 6.0.2800.1106
Build 62800.1106
Application Path C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
Language English (United States)
Active Printer hp officejet v series,winspool,Ne01:

Cipher Strength 128-bit
Content Advisor Disabled
IEAK Install No

System Summary

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ARMAGUARD
System Manufacturer GBT___
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 GenuineIntel ~1716 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG, 8/15/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

Del

Here are a few things you can try:
1) Go to Start > Run and type in "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes and click OK, you should see a command window pop up and disappear.
2) Go to Start > Run and type in "netsh interface ip reset log.txt" without the quotes and click OK, you should see a command window pop up and disappear.
3) Go to IE and Tools > Internet Options.
Click on Privacy and Lower the slide bar to the bottom.
Click Apply, Click OK, Close IE and reboot.
See if any of this helps..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts