problem with internet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

postmanpat

hi there I am having problems surfing the net I am running windows 98 second edition and ie 5 i make a connection with my isp which is bt openworld after surfing for a short period of time say 30mins this page cannot be displayed appears and cannot find server appears in the task bar. my connection to my isp is still in tact but whatever web page I type in it will not be displayed. if I disconnect then try to re-connect the connection is established but once again the page cannot be displayed. the only way I can get round this is by restarting my pc then once again I can start surfing but only for a limited time before the whole sequence starts again. can anyone please help me?
thank you for your time

postmanpat

Hi postmanpat,and welcome to TSG.Lets start by cleaning out your temp files.Lets do it the easy way and make sure its really done right.Go to Start>Shutdown>Re-start in Ms-dos.At the c:\prompt type

Smartdrv Then hit the enter key
Deltree/y Tempor~1 (then hit the enter key)
Deltree/y History (then hit the enter key)
Deltree/y Temp (then hit the enter key
Deltree/y Cookies (then hit the enter key)

Exit (hit the enter key)

Let us know if this helps

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online