1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with IRQ setting in an IBM 760ed notebook when using an cardbus

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cbjornesjo, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cbjornesjo

cbjornesjo Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an IBM 760ed notebook with Win 98 installed. Can not install a higher version.

I have installed a cardbus to have it to communicate with a LAN but run into problem after installation.
    I am told that the BIOS is unable to automatically give an IRQ and are asked to manually set the IRQ in the BIOS.

I have tried the installed Easy Setup program but it doesn´t handle any settings of the IRQ´s.

Is there any possibility to enter the BIOS from MS-dos? If so how?

Are there anyone that can give me any idea´s about how to go on?

/Claes :confused:

2. xtreampb

xtreampb

i dont know about ms-dos. But if you reboot your computer durring boot up it will brefly say press del to enter setup. that is how i usually enter BIOS.

3. cbjornesjo

cbjornesjo Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks for yor answer but this doesn´t work on this computer.

/Claes

4. xtreampb

xtreampb

when i first built my intell comp i had to set a jumper to enter bios. with this being a notebook i dont know if there is a jumpper.

oh u might be able to go to

start-run-and type BIOS

MS-DOS may be start "BIOS"
    that is all that i can think of now

5. Leec65

Leec65

what you might try is move the card to another slot as the IRQ alot to that slot maybe beening used by another device, also you may have to hit F2 to go into bios if delete does not work

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice