1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with ivp6 connectivity

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jackojacko12, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jackojacko12

jackojacko12 Thread Starter

Dear TechGuy,

I would really appreciate your help on this.

My IPv6 connectivity shows no internet access while trying to connect to the internet through wireless. The night before it was ok but today I could connect. I tried disabling the IPv6 through the regedit parameters as shown in other threads but it doesnt work. Please advise. My IPv4 is ok and connected to the internet. While trying to diagnose the connectivity, the troubleshooting could not identify the problem.

Please advise

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

would suggest a system restore first

2nd go to network adapter ( double click little icon intask bar) properties disable ipv6

re boot
    start run type cmd
    type ipconfig /flushdns
    then ipconfig /release
    then ipconfig /renew

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Why do you think you need IPv6 connectivity?

4. jackojacko12

jackojacko12 Thread Starter

i think the prob is with the ivp6 connectivity because all of my fren's laptop could connect to the internet while mine cant and when i compare the connection details, my ivp6 showed no internet connection while my friend's showed yes.

how do i enable the ivp6 again after disabling it?

and i read that ivp6 is needed to set up an ad hoc connection is it correct?

currently im running only on ivp4 (i disabled ivp6) on a broadband connection. when i tried connecting to the internet using wireless, I could not connect.

Please advice

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

IPv6 is NOT needed for an ad-hoc connection.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939427