1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Lan Drivers for Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Mobo

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ardfoe8, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ardfoe8

Ardfoe8 Thread Starter

I did a clean install of Windows 7 on my machine, which uses the Gigabyte 965P-DS3 chipset. The LAN drivers that come with the install CD don't work, and neither do any of the drivers on Gigabyte's site. In fact, there are no Windows 7 drivers available for the LAN, as far as I can tell -- and the Vista or other drivers don't work to get me hooked up to the net (note, I'm using a wireless PCI card which I connect to the net wirelessly with).

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Am I missing something? Is there some kind of work-around?

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks

2. Megabite

Megabite

What was on that PC before?

3. Ardfoe8

Ardfoe8 Thread Starter

I had Windows Vista, but I decided to do a complete clean install. I saved all my important files in DVD-Rs before I began the process.

Do you think it would work if I tried to reinstall Vista, and then install Windows 7 on top of it (upgrade)?

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I would head over to the Marvell website: http://www.marvell.com/support.html and enter your OS Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), and part number 88E8053 to download the driver.

5. Ardfoe8

Ardfoe8 Thread Starter

Thanks Frank, but still no luck. Anyone have any other ideas? Everything seems to be working fine except this.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice