1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Laptop and Docking Station

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by krazeecrw, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

Hey all-

I have a Dell Latitude D800 that I use with a docking station. Everything has been working but occasionally when I put the laptop into the docking station and power up, the external monitor will not come on unless I open the lid of my laptop. When I close the lid of my laptop, the system goes to standby and the external monitor goes out. I went into the power options and changed the option for when the laptop is closed to "Do Nothing". I would like to be be able to keep it on Standby like it had been working originally. Any ideas why this may be occurring?

2. KingCody

KingCody

standby mode is known to cause system issues (instability, currupt files, screwed up settings). I wouldn't use standby anymore if I were you.

To get your old settings back in order, run system restore and choose a restore point prior to when the issue started happening. (then you should disable standby mode so that that doesn't happen again)

also... check your display settings, there may be an option for primary monitor default when docked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/445954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice