1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Laptop Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Riempie, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

:eek: I have a Compact presario Laptop model 1200-xl109.
    The problem is the screen.There are three vertical lines on the screen on the left half of the screen.They measure about 2cm wide and about 2cm apart.

This is not a display problem because I checked the display on a CRT monitor and it is fine.

The problem is with the screen itself.

Does anyone maybe know of a site where I can have a look at how to fix this.

Thanks

2. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

3. winbob

winbob

You said, "This is not a display problem because I checked the display on a CRT monitor and it is fine. The problem is with the screen itself."
    Exactly...you have shown that the Video Card is fine. Somehow the LCD has gotten damaged.

If the Stripes are there no matter what you are doing or what application is running then it sounds like the screen IS damaged.

One last thought, are the stripes there during the boot screens or BIOS setup screens? If yes, then that confirms physical problem with te screen.

4. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

Yes the stripes are there while booting and when in the cmos.
    I think the screen is physically damaged.Does anyone know of a way I can try to repair it ???

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Not a "repairable" item.
    It may be replaceable, but often the cost exceeds the economic value of the laptop.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice