1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with LCD Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robblah, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robblah

robblah Thread Starter

I've had a Sharp LL-172A 17" LCD Monitor for a year now, and it worked perfectly, but today, out of nowhere while doing regular work, it went black, and the power button light went from green to orange. I've tried everything to get it back to life, making sure the cables are connected properly, restarting computer, turning monitor off and on. The weird thing? It doesn't even say "no signal" now. it just turns on, indicator light stays green for 5-10 seconds, and then goes orange. It always said [No Signal] if there was no connection. Really hope someone can help me but I don't see any way to fix it, i don't think it is a driver problem..:mad: Thanks everyone

2. littlemar

littlemar

I would try it on another pc and if it still doesn't start up then you have a dead monitor.

3. robblah

robblah Thread Starter

I feared that it might be dead, it's unbelievable that it could be dead after only a year. I've had cheap monitors last 10 years. I can't understand why it would just stop working for no reason. If it is dead, i'm very unsatisfied with the quality of Sharp products.

4. littlemar

littlemar

LCD's are still fairly new technology and I'm sure that every year they improve something in them. Sorry about your monitor - :(

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The indications are it's not getting a signal from the computer. However, since the behavior changed, I'd suspect that something has gone south. Have you checked the cable connection at the monitor end? Have you tried it with another computer?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice