1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with loading Games/Java/FireFox

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Darkfire21, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkfire21

Darkfire21 Thread Starter

Games like Wolfenstein:ET and Far Cry, once clicked the computer will sit their for a few minutes (5 minutes or so) THEN the game will start.

On Java, the same thing will happen. I will start up say Limewire Pro (which uses java) and it'll sit their and actually freeze my PC until it starts.

FireFox and all the Mozilla shell browsers take a long time to start up too. (Same as the rest, I click on the Icon, PC sits there and then it finally loads)

The only thing is once it's loaded once the program never slows down and instantly starts but thats when IT already did its 5 minute loading. It won't do the long loading until I reboot or Log Off my account.

I'm thinking that it might be JAVA and that I should just re-install that but I could be wrong. Any tips/ideas will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You.- DF21

PC Specs:
    P4 1.4GHZ
    640 MB RDRAM
    WIN XP HOME

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!