Problem with logon hours (net user /times)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TOmaROck

Hello,

I`m trying to restrict the logon hours in my Win XP Pro SP2 with the following command:

Code:
net user accoutname /times:M-F,8am-11pm
or
Code:
net user accoutname /times:M,8am-11pm
or
Code:
net user accoutname /times:M-F,8:00-23:00
In all I`m getting a Net Helpmsg 3768.

What can I do? :confused:

take off the s in times it should be -

net user accoutname /time:

not

net user accoutname /times:

Strange I am on pro service pack 2 and it works fine... does your net user command work fine for everything else? I.E. net user show the list of users and net user username show the user and all the groups? Any other time related problems on this PC?

TOmaROck

The windows is working fine is all updated. If I try
Code:
net user username /time:all
works but anything else dont work. Maybe problem with my Net.exe file?

The other commands works fine.

StumpedTechy, If I send to you a private message with my email do you send your Net.exe file to me?

======================================
Sorry by the english I dont speak so fine :rolleyes:

I know this is almost 10 months old, but you have to spell out the full day of the week - not "Mon-Fri" or "M-F". Gotta say "Monday-Friday,08:00-21:00" or whatever...

And the results are that the affected user(s) will be told to make sure their password was typed in correctly. So if they start complaining to you that they forgot their password, you can kindly remind them of their logon hours....

Hi friend!!!

Your windows is in portuguese language????

The portuguese windows is with problems to execute the command "net user /time:"

I am whith a same problem.

Use the windows in english language to test, ok?

Sandro Silva
SP / Brazil

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online