Problem with Maxtor external drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fredakos

i had some serius problems with my computer and so i had to restart and force restart many times..i also did the stupid thing to unplugg my disk without safely remove it and now i have that problem

i plugg the power cable and then a sound like a "bib" "bib" starts...quit and in a steady pace....i think its the sound of the needle or the drive "trie" to begin spining.....i plug the usb cable and then plugg it to the pc but nothing...the light is on the sound goes on but nothing....

i am desperate....my whole life is in there....what should i do??

Hi there, due to my own experiences, Maxtor Harddrives are quite poor and cant handle much punishment such as hard resets etc. I personally would not try to sort it yourself as you have valuable data on it that cant afford to be lost.

Take it to a qualified technician to test and find out what the problem is.

If the hard drive is defunct, there are people who can attempt to swap the hard drive platter out of your old hard drive and in to an identical now hard drive.

Please note that this process is not 100% guarateed.

Sorry thats not much help and good luck :)

fredakos

well.....listen....i putted the disk into the freezer for a coupke hours.......i connected then the disk and i had the following improvement....

before freeze the disk wouldnt show up in the computer ..now when i plugg it it comes up like an unknown device...... ehat to do?? i thought to put it a couple hours more into the freezer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online