Problem with Mechwarrior4

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

[email protected]

Hi. I just got mech4mercs game. I am running xp pro,1.2ghz amd duron 256meg ram. nvidia geoforce2 vid card. onboard sound c-media.

This game crashes on startup. here is the following error i recieve:

STOP : FAILED (0x80070057 - WINERR_One or more arguments are invalid ) - CreateSoundBuffer(0xfe6908: DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME | DSBCAPS_LOCSOFTWARE , (PCM 0-bit, 0 Channel, 0Hz, 0bps)).

with this error i get the option to continue or quit.. when i quit the computer locks up. When i continue it proceeds, and comes up with same error and same options again. Same results only when I press continue it continues with playing the intro. after the intro is done. I get another error as follows:

EXCEPTION : Attempt to read from NULL in MW4MERCS! (+0x353352). the game. will not go further than this....I have all the latest updated drivers.. im running the latest directx and have not installed sp2 for xp yet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!