1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with microsoft outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dumbpcguy, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dumbpcguy

dumbpcguy Thread Starter

So I'm using Microsoft outlook 2010 for my email. Recently a problem has developed in which anytime I send a PDF attachment via email, the mail recipient can't open the attachment

the mail recipient get an adobe reader message the says "There was a problem reading the document (14).

can anyone help with a solution???

2. Sponsor

3. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

What's the recipient using as a mail client? The error message itself means the PDF is corrupt, but that could be because it's not being decoded correctly at their end. Did you create the PDF, or is it merely being forwarded as an attachment? It might be worth checking to see which PDF reader they're attempting to use.

4. dumbpcguy

dumbpcguy Thread Starter

I am not sure what the recipient is using as a mail program, but I do know that I tested this with my business partner and he gets the same message and he is also using microsoft outlook 2010. Yes this is a pdf that I created. The problem seems to be when I save a document after using my scanner. I will scan a document in, save it to my pc as a pdf and then attache the document in a email.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

After you scan it in and save it on your PC, can you go back to it and open it again? There's also several ways to attach files to email, which procedure are you using?

6. dumbpcguy

dumbpcguy Thread Starter

Yes I can go back into the folder in which it was saved and open it and everything looks fine. I will also out of habit open the attachment in the email to make sure it is visible and everything look good there as well.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

So how are you attaching it? Have you tried a different method? You use the paperclip/Attach) option, drag and dropping it into an email, or use the right click and send to mail recipient?

What is your security software? Sometimes it can screw up when scanning outbound messages and corrupt the email or attachment. You could try disabling the email scanning part of it as a test.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164681