1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with my cmputer, just dont work/turn on....help....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sithxace, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sithxace

Sithxace Thread Starter

ok, pretty much, the computers on everyday, my brother goes onto it and found everything freeze, so he turned it off and then turned it on. The power button lights up when u turn it on, well it doesnt, but u here the fans go, the harddrive run, cdrom drive etc. But the monitor doesnt come on, it just says no signal. So now the computer doesnt turn on or work.

I left it off, and i turned it on witht he harddrive disconnected, and it did turn on to the black startup screen, turned it off, turned it on with the harddrive connected, no signal again, nothing working, just fans moving etc. Been like that still.

My question is this, is this heat related problems or a powersupply problem? Also is this a motherboard or a cpu problem?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes, to all really

first - are there any bleeps when you turn on
    have you tried F8 on boot to see if safe mode works

is the video cable OK - no bent pins

have reseated video card, memory and everything else in PC

3. Sithxace

Sithxace Thread Starter

nothin comes up, the cable should be ok, the vid card is a intergrated one. Now nothing turns on at all anymore, just a no signal to the minotor. The blue button doesnt come on anymore and i here no beeps

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so has this
    now changed - so nothing works or runs at all

5. Sithxace

Sithxace Thread Starter

pretty much i said once i turned the system on after a few days oif it off, it tuerned on to trhe startuyp screen and thats it cause the harddrive was disconnected.

now ever sinbce hen, for past 2 weeks, i turn it on, system doesnt work, monitor says no signal from the pc, the fans run, i here the harddrive run, powersupply runs, blue power button doesnt light up when its pushed, no beeps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/403163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice