1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with my operating system after reboot.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by clearview, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clearview

clearview Thread Starter

Hello guys.tonight I lost the icons on my operating system.after I use ad aware pro the program tell me if I need to erase something after reboot my system.i click yes.that was my bad move.after reboot the only thing I can see is the screen saver without the files.next the welcome word next to my picture and my name.below the name I read 7 unread mail messages.i click that but the system cant go up.the only thing that said is logging of and saving your personal settings.dont see my system and files.very bad for me.i really care all the thing my hard disc have.any helps are welcome.thanks for the attention.i always admire the brilliant people. i have windows xp.gateway 500xl.2.4gh 256ram (y)

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Boot up in Safe Mode.

Use the System Restore function to restore the operating system to a date prior to the event that caused the problem.

3. clearview

clearview Thread Starter

yes i try to restore the operating system in safe mode .the problem persists only see the welcome logo,my name,the unread messages advice.i click that and the only thing that do is" loading your personal settings" and " saving your settings"messages.i cant see any more .any other options are welcome .thanks in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/281193

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice