1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with my video and my video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mike Rogers, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I have a question about my video card, I have a "Maxi Gamer Cougar Graphics card (TNT 2, M64) 32MB" Made by Guillemot and I have the latest drivers for it.. I have had it for about two years now and its always worked perfect..but lately its been doing weird things on my system, when I play games mostly that is, well first off things it does is when games load (like when your about to play the game) it flashes "blinks" all sorts of colors, sometimes just black, and my sound skips too when this happens and sometimes when it does this on other games it freezes the game "lockup" also I should mention when I boot my system up it flashes too, just before the windows splash screen at startup. I've also noticed a decreases in performance such as lag

(also as a side note): One time I played with the card clock speed and made it go from 130Mhz video speed to 135Mhz, I don't think this screwed it up though it wasn't that high, I herd of people clocking cards way more then that, it was only 5 digits higher, I returned it to default after it started acting weird, but after that it still was acting weird, Do you think this screwed it up?

I've even formatted my computer twice with different settings to test out if anything would make it work like it did

Ima running Win ME also, I used to run Win98SE with it, it worked great, It also worked great with Win ME but something screwing up, BTW I don't recommend people use Win ME its worse then 98SE

My Comp specs is: Celeron 400Mhz, 256MB, Win ME, as for sound it uses the onboard sound, I dont have space for a sound card even tho theres a free slot ( small apt box )
    My system model is M748LMRT if that helps any ..

2. brianF

brianF

If I missed it in you post sorry, but have you updated your drivers and tried to reinstall directx lately. Almost sounds like corrupt drivers.

www.nvidia.com for video drivers
    www.microsoft.com/directx for direct x drivers

3. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers Thread Starter

Should I download Nvida driver for my card?, becuse when I used the one for my card @ Guillemot it was specifically for mine, Does nvida work for my card as well? and or is better?

4. brianF

brianF

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice