1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with my XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techer, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techer

techer Thread Starter

I think there is a virus or something inside my comp.
    the situation is that the browser(IE 6.0) wont load (blank page) such as the page oh hotmail or banking service. There is a little lock sign show down at the status bar says "SSL secured (128 bit)". i tried everything such as defualt my internet option, but nothing works...

another problem with my comp is when u open a window such as the window when u set up user accounts nothing shows blank except back and forward button. u can find the user accounts window when u click start (win XP)

If u can upload pictures on this forum it will be more helpful too =]

thanks alot

techer

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

You can upload pictures, click on Post Reply and look down the page to Additional Options, Manage Attachments...

3. techer

techer Thread Starter

ic ic , but can anyone solve my problem, ill be really aprreciated.

4. Miz

Miz

Go through the troubleshooting steps on this page since the problem you're having seems to be related to accessing secure sites.

Sorry, I don't fully understand the second problem.

5. techer

techer Thread Starter

thanks miz, ur link is helpful, but i was having a hard time install IE 6.0 serviece pack 1, and if u cant install this anyother update wont run... :(

i tried scan my comp using other software but no virus has shown.

still cant upload screen shot.

6. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

To upload a picture, it must be in the correct format. JPEG is pretty universal, so if you save as a JPEG, it will upload. Check and see of your "save as" box will let you change the file type to JPEG.

If not, let me know and you can email the pic to me and I'll change it for you and send it back to you.

7. techer

techer Thread Starter

what's ur email?

8. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

[email protected]

Please title it that it's pictures from the Techguy forums, so I don't delete it as junk mail.

9. techer

techer Thread Starter

sorry, my hotmail system is currently not working due to the "problem". i tried yahoo, i can loggin to my account, but it is impossible to send anything. the place where u write ur text is simply NOT WRITABLE....... for some strange reason. when i sign in to my yahoo account it says that my browser is preventing yahoo from redirecting..... wth is that?? and i cant open some of the links....such as pictures, attach files...

i got so many problem, and i feel ill never b able to solve them...sigh

onething to add, my friend told me that if i use ssl 128bit, when u click help on the browser then click about internet explorer, u should find something called cipher strength, and 128bit should be clearly beside it.... but my shows nothing.... that's a problem.

some ppl told me to change my browser if nessesary, but i still perfer IE better.

i also tried to reinstall ie, and intall ie 6.0 service pack 1, but during the installation, it stops and pop up a window says there is already a higher version of ie installed on my comp... i dunt get it...

seems like my mcafee security software is not working anymore, the "updating" which update when i turn on my comp, is not working properly..

i feel really bad, can any1 give a hand....sigh

10. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

See if you can go to this site:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

and run the free virus scan. It may be that your computer has a virus or something that is causing these problems. This site will scan your computer for you, since you said that your anti-virus software is not working. If your anti-virus software is having problems, it may very well be that you have some sort of bug.

11. techer

techer Thread Starter

hmm, i tried housecall long time ago, and i also posted my problem on other two forums: techsupport form, wilders security forum, maybe u can take allok and some of my probem is overthere, the posters name is same ->techer

thanks!

12. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I would prefer to see you finish with one support group at a time. It's very difficult when people jump around to different forums or posts within one forum, that is why I responded to all 3 of your posts here.

If you want us to try and help, please get finished with the other forums or make a decision to stick with TSG and post all of your problems in one post. We will make every effort to help you solve the problem(s).

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice