Problem with Offline Files in XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wledford

Hey all, first timer here, hope ya'll can help me. A client of mine needed to have her files on her network drive able to be taken with her on her laptop, so I did some research, found the "offline files" function of XP. I quickly learned how to use it, and when I went to set it up for her, the "Offline Files Folder" contained all the files, but none of the folders. I selected the option to "take files from subfolders" and such, and every file in the drive was in the folder, but not organized in folders. I cannot create any folders inside the "Offline Files Folder" either. Due to the ammount of files she has, she absolutely needs her files in folders. So I instead set up a briefcase for her, and that shows folders just fine, but it doesnt synchronize automatically. So I have two problems, and a fix for either (or both!!!) would do fine.

How do I organize "Offline files" into folders?
-or-
How do I setup a Briefcase to automatically synchronize it's contents?

Thanks a lot!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online