Problem with Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dog Lover

We recently upgraded to a 2.66 MHz Dell and decided to stick with Internet Explorer/Outlook Express, instead of Netscape.
I can send a plain E-mail ok.
I can forward an E-mail that has an attachment appended to it.
I CANT SEND AN E-MAIL OF MY OWN WITH AN ATTACHMENT. THE MAIL WINDS UP IN THE "OUTBOX". I CAN ,MOST OF THE TIMES SEND FROM THE
OUT BOX.
This is sure hurting keeping in touch with my Grandson.
Any help would be appreciated.
[email protected]

How large are these attachments... Many ISP's have a maximum size limit on
outgoing messages so you might check with your ISP... Also disable the option to Send Immediately under OE's menu Tools/Options/Send and send a message with an attachment to yourself... Then open the message in the Outbox and do a Ctrl+F3 and search the coding to be certain that your attachment is in fact a part of the message...

Many users are under the erroneous impression that they can Copy/Paste
attachments into a message but it does not work that way. Verify
that you are actually using the Attach icon while in a Compose Message
window (for Plain Text messages) or that you are using the Insert/Picture
menu choice (for HTML messages) and that you also have the option set to
send pictures with messages under Tools/Options/Send - HTML settings button...

Dog Lover

Thanks CHALKY for your help. I found that some of my problems were with the server.
Stay safe and GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts