problem with outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toddy147

Hiya
Only a minor problem but irritating
When i have incoming mail it used to advise me in my taskbar and also by a voice message that doesnt happen anymore and I dont recall changing anything can anyone help
Thanks in advance

Click TOOLS, OPTIONS, select the GENERAL Tab.

You should have check in the box next to "play sound when new message arrives" , if not click the little box to add the check, then click the APPLY box in the bottom right corner.
While you are there, you may want to verify that the "Check for new messages every xx minutes" is checked & the number of minutes that is set.

Toddy147

bkdc said:
Click TOOLS, OPTIONS, select the GENERAL Tab.

You should have check in the box next to "play sound when new message arrives" , if not click the little box to add the check, then click the APPLY box in the bottom right corner.
While you are there, you may want to verify that the "Check for new messages every xx minutes" is checked & the number of minutes that is set.
I did all that before thats why im confused
I am using hotmail but was ok before and I did check all my settings

Toddy147

Well I did all that before and still nothing i did redo them again but to no avail :-(

I know that since MS made it so there is a basic and a premium hotmail, you have to be subscribed to the PREMIUM version to be able to receive your messages through outlook/oe.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online