1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with outlook express

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Toddy147, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toddy147

Toddy147 Thread Starter

Hiya
    Only a minor problem but irritating
    When i have incoming mail it used to advise me in my taskbar and also by a voice message that doesnt happen anymore and I dont recall changing anything can anyone help
    Thanks in advance

2. bkdc

bkdc

Click TOOLS, OPTIONS, select the GENERAL Tab.

You should have check in the box next to "play sound when new message arrives" , if not click the little box to add the check, then click the APPLY box in the bottom right corner.
    While you are there, you may want to verify that the "Check for new messages every xx minutes" is checked & the number of minutes that is set.

3. Toddy147

Toddy147 Thread Starter

I did all that before thats why im confused
    I am using hotmail but was ok before and I did check all my settings

4. Toddy147

Toddy147 Thread Starter

Well I did all that before and still nothing i did redo them again but to no avail :-(

5. bkdc

bkdc

6. sulzer4

sulzer4

I know that since MS made it so there is a basic and a premium hotmail, you have to be subscribed to the PREMIUM version to be able to receive your messages through outlook/oe.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice