Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with Packard Bell MZ35-u005 T2060

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ministryofsound 
#1 ·
hi ya guys/gals, basically i brought this laptop from a friend to give to my wife as a work laptop to help her. Everything on it was working fine (well as good as it can be!) and then the other afternoon i came to use it. A black screen come up with the option to start windows normally or windows repair. I selected start windows normally (as i didn't believe there was anything wrong with the computer) and it began to start up. I have the windows moving slidebar come up on the screen showing somthing is happening with microsoft corp logo underneath. Then the hard drive light stops flashing and the fan stops spinning but the power light stays on. Nothing more happens, just this moving slider on the screen. Iv'e tried going into safe mode and many various things but the same screen comes up. I thought it was maybe the hard drive needing formatting so i removed it and placed it in my laptop but it works fine and no problems. I have used a utility program to test memory and hdd but its all fine. i then ran a recovery dvd and the same thing happened with the slidebar and hdd shutdown. so i then formatted the hdd and loaded xp onto it, it took a while and is very slow to use, also wont shutdown without removing power! so perhaps its not a hardware fault as such, maybe a problem with the bios?

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Any help would be appriciated. I think its a new motherboard job but just wondering if anyone knew of anything else i could try? the laptop is just over a year old. Its a Packard Bell MZ35-u005 T2060

many thanks

Si

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.