1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with PC (Beeps)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Viper20184, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Viper20184

Viper20184 Thread Starter

So today I decided to upgrade my processor in my PC. It was originally running a 1.6 GHz Celeron 478pin. I bought a P4 2.40A GHz chip. The Motherboard is a ECS P4S5A/DX+. Now this PC worked fine, albeit a bit slow on some of my Games. Now, when I installed the new chip, the PC would start up, but nothing would happen, no beeps or anything. So I installed the old chip in and started to get beeps, 8 of them with a half second in between each beep. The BIOS on this MB is AMIBIOS.
    I have searched all the sites with BIOS Beep Codes and they all say the same thing, that to replace the Video Card. The Video card was a Radeon 9600XT AGP slotted. I took it out and put in my old PCI GeForce4 and would still get the beeping.
    I am personally leaning towards that something on the motherboard is messed up. my full specs are as follow incase it matters

P-Celeron 1.6 GHz
    512MB DDR 2700
    128MB Radeon 9600XT
    60GB Harddrive
    Windows XP Home

2. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Have you tried taking out all the hardware and booting it with only 1 stick of memory and the video card?

3. Viper20184

Booting it with Video card, either one, and one stick of ram = 8 beeps, a second of silence, 8 beeps , rinse and repeat

4. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Try the other stick of memory and see how that goes.

Did you discharge any static charge you might have had before touching any hardware the first time you cracked the case?

5. Viper20184

I only have one stick of ram
    Yea, I discharged myself before i opened the case or touched any of the components inside

6. Viper20184

::Sigh::

Now I dont know which is the problem.
    I tried booting up the system with no RAM, Video card and a floppy drive with a boot disk, and I got no video. I also got no beep code either.
    When I try booting with RAM, Video Card and a bootable Floppy, I get beepcode but no video, cant get into BIOS or anything.
    All ive been trying to do is get into the BIOS but nothing has worked for me

7. saiyuki

saiyuki

i had the same soooooooort of problem, but that was just that the HDD power cable was lose..try that

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice