problem with POP3

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mikeyme

I HASVE RECENTLY INSTALLED AN e-mail program called INCREDIMAIL AND SET IT AS MY DEFAULT. THE PROGRAM WORKS FINE, HOWEVER, IT WILL NOT RECEIVE INCOMING E-MAIL AND SHOWS "THE HOST "POP3TERRA COULD NOT BE FOUND.ACCOUNT POP3 TERRA.ES"SERVER POP3 TERRA ES PROTOCOL POP 3 PORT 110 SECURE (SSL) nO SOCKET ERROR 11001 ERROR NUMBER 0X800CCOD" MY INCOMING E-MAIL STILL ARRIVES SATISFACORILY AT OUTLOOK EXPRESS

Del

Compare the incoming mail server names in Outlook Express and Incredamail. See if the names are exactly the same in both and while in there, you might as well compare the username and outgoing mail server name as well.
Del
Not sure where it is in Incredamail, in Outlook Express, go to Tools > Accounts. Click on the Mail tab, then on your email account and hit properties.
Once open, click the servers tab.

Del

Hi SavvyLady,
Yes, Increamail is a pop3 mail client.
Used it for abit, had lots of bells and whistles, but seemed abit slow.
Del

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online