1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with PowerDVD XP

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Riempie, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

Hi There
    Just bought myself a Aopen16x DVD rom and installed it.
    The Rom came bundled with Cyberlink PowerDVD XP.

I Installed the program and everything went fine.
    when I put a DVD in to play the program tells me that
    the DVD is copyright and it cannot play when the tv out is
    enabled.
    I cannot find where I can disable the tv out.

Any suggestion please.

2. mattpm

mattpm

have u tried going under device manager and selecting properties on your graphics card?

3. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

Yes I did look there.

I cannot find anything even related to the tv out of the card.

PS:I have a Riva TNT 2 32 Mb graph card.

4. Shairel

Shairel

Nvidia has macrovision support in all of its new drivers, but for some reason the new drivers ( because of nview ) think that you are always hooked up to an analog source, and the macrovision kicks in and says 'shove it, you can't play'...
    get any program that can play off-region DVD's ( DVD Region-free, and similar names ) and it will be able to remove the macrovision encoding, but quite frankly, that's borderline infringement, so i'll leave it to you to actually find the software to let you do this, and make your own moral decision.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can disable the nView TV-Out with Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, nView. I set it to disabled, and PowerDVD plays standard DVD's on my system without complaint. I never tried it with it enabled, I'll have to do that just for grins. ;)

... Well, I'm not sure what to think now, PowerDVD is happily playing the video with TV-Out enabled, and it's indeed showing up on my little video monitor. I wonder why mine works... :confused:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice