1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with problem device

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cybret, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybret

cybret Thread Starter

hi, have a dell, 933mhz,256memory.
    yesterday i put in a new hard drive, loaded every thing up, and it seemed like everything was working fine until i looked in; {start>programs>accessories>system tools>system information>components/problem devices. this is what is shown;

{the device} is on the left and the {device pnp id} is on the right

irq holder for pci steering------- pci\irq holder\68 error 22
    irq holder for pci steering------- pci\irq holder\6a error 22
    irq holder for pci steering------- pci\irq holder\6b error 22

i can't tell if anything is amiss yet as everything i tried on the computer is working, today, but i'm sure down the road i will have bigger problems asssosiatedwith the above. i haven't loaded anything except for the drivers for the modem,video, and sound.
    if anyone even has the remotest idea where i can start on this problem i would really appreciate it, as it is, i'm lost. thanks

2. brianF

brianF

3. cybret

cybret Thread Starter

hi and thanks for your reply, it's the best news i've had in a week. i am running winme so it does apply to mine. it would be interesting to see what all is trying to start and what acturally starts at startup though. thank you very much

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice