1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with PS3 Playstation Store

Discussion in 'Games' started by jampot, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

I have tried to make a purchase on the Playstation store on PS3 and advised that my card was not valid.

Is anyone aware if the store only accepts CREDIT as opposed to DEBIT cards?

Please accept my apologies if I have posted what appears to be an inappropriate message on this forum but my question really centres on what the PS3 system accepts in the way of payment mechanism rather than the state of my creditworthiness!

Thanks

2. oksteve

oksteve

Is it the old ps3 or the new flat one. If the old one, have you updated the software ?
    If all uptodate then the problem likely lies with your card issuer.
    There could be a fault at Sony's online payment service, but unlikely its the ps3 unless as I asked earlier its not updated.
    Have you checked with playstation forums about this problem?

I would wait until tomorow and try again, then if still not working contact the card company.

3. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Hi, it is the new style PS3. I have checked and it has the latest software upgrade. My concern is that Sony only allow credit not debit cards.
    Will try again tomorrow and if still problems will need to contact my card issuer.

n

4. wiley8425

wiley8425

I use my debit card just fine.

5. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Hmmm I think this points to a card problem then. As a matter of interest was ur card a visa?

6. screenaid

screenaid

This involves trading ways! you can make a credit card, that's easy.

7. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Not sure what you mean

8. oksteve

oksteve

I think its a criptic message only the Commsioner Gordon or Robin can understand, Crimefighters these days have to resort to devious ways to catch those pesky felons

9. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

That would make you the Joker then right?

10. tom6049

tom6049

PlayStation®Store

What payment methods can I use at the PlayStation®Store?

You can use the following forms of payment to purchase items at the PlayStation®Store:

* MasterCard
    * Visa
    * Discover
    * American Express
    * Debit and check cards with the official MasterCard or Visa logos printed on them
    * PlayStation®Network Card (PSN Card)
    * The PlayStation®Network Card (PSN Card) is a prepaid card that may be used to apply funds to a PlayStation®Wallet without using a credit card. Please visit your local authorized PlayStation® retailer to purchase the PSN Card. The PSN Card is only available for use on PlayStation®Network Master Accounts with a United States address.

The following are currently NOT acceptable forms of payment at the PlayStation®Store:

* Prepaid Credit Cards
    * Bank drafts or checks
    * Discover
    * International* Credit Cards
    * International* Cash Cards
    * *Countries outside of the United States and Canada

11. oksteve

oksteve

hahahahaha,nice one, never thought of that :)

12. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Any ideas as to how this problem can be resolved. I have checked with my bank and there is nothing wrong with my debit cards.
    All I am getting is an error message stating that the card is invalid even though I know this not to be the case. I have re entered various card details and keep getting the same message. Is there a support number for Sony that I can contact as this is really starting to frustrate me.

13. wiley8425

wiley8425

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice