1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Quick Launch on Taskbar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hansmax, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

I'm running Windows xp (sp1), and a while back I noticed that my taskbar was locked at two spaces high, although I did not have the task bar locked. The only way I was able to overcome this was to uncheck "Show Quick Launch". Any ideas on what I did and how to correct it would be appreciated.

2. mobo

mobo

Right click on the taskbar and verify that the taskbar is unlocked. Then drag the cursor just over the top edge till it changes shape. The click and drag.

3. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

I guess I didn't explain thoroughly. When the taskbar is unlocked and "Show Quick Launch" is checked, the taskbar is two spaces high. I can drag it to the bottom, or back up to two, but can't have it stay at just one. Without Quick Launch it works fine, but the Quick Launch is handy to have there. I imagine that I need a Registry tweak, but don't know what I'm looking for.

4. mobo

mobo

Ok ...Just to the right of the start button on the taskbar you will see tow series of dots. Click on the lower one and drag it to the right and when you get past all the quick launch icons then drag it upwards..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice