1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Quicktime newest version on Vista 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Franbud, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Franbud

Franbud Thread Starter

Hello, this is my first time visiting and would appreciate some help.

I bought a new Kodak Playsport camcorder that came with Media Impressions Software. Before buying this computer I check with Kodak to make sure the software would work in my HP Pavillion Vista 64 Bit computer. I have plenty of space, ram, Intel Pentiam Processor so that's no problem. Since I Knew I was probably going to buy this Camcorder, back in August I downloaded Quicktime. The reason I did this is that the Kodak software is poor and they told me to use the Quicktime program to play and upload to You Tube.

Well, I put my video in yesterday morning and it worked fine in Quicktime and I even uploaded a video which played very well in You Tube.

Now, while I was on the computer, I got a message from the Quicktime people that there was a new version to upgrade Quicktime available. It was Quicktime 7. So I downloaded it.
    Once downloaded, my Quicktime would not play. I called Kodak and we uninstalled Quicktime, Itunes and the other little programs and tried to reinstall Quicktime 7 again. No luck. Kodak told me to check with the Apple.com and I have followed trouble shooting to no avail. I even tried to download an older version of Quicktime Player, and that did not work either.

My question.....Why is Quicktime not working in my comuter now, when the version I had downloaded a couple of months ago worked fine?

Also, is there another program that I can use instead of Quicktime Player to open my .mov files from my new camcorder.

Any other info you can give would be helpful. Thank you.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Windows Media Player

VLC

Instead of Quicktime, get the free Quicktime Alternative. It's a lot less bulky and invasive.

3. Franbud

Franbud Thread Starter

ok, I'll try it. thanks.

4. Phantom010

You're welcome!

5. Franbud

Franbud Thread Starter

Sorry to say, it downloaded but I cannot activate it.

the quicktime alternative. I think the problem is with my vista 64 bit. I'm wondering if I could tweak my computer (and I'm not an advanced person with computers) to accept 32 bit on that quicktime program.?

6. Phantom010

What about WMP or VLC?

By the way, QuickTime Alternative does support 64-bit.

7. Franbud

Franbud Thread Starter

Phanton.....Guess What.....I got Quicktime to work!!!!! I was searching on the computer for Vista 64 Bit and it came up with a website for Apple that it said I had to install the newest version of Itunes for Vista 64 Bit in order to make Quicktime work.

So I did, and it does work. I'm so happy I don't have to take my Kodak Playsport back.

What I am concerned about is that Kodak did not have an answer for my problems never even mentioning that I had to download the ITunes newest addition in order to make Quicktime work.

Thanks again for all you have done. You're tops!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice