Problem with Saitek Eclipse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Garby

Hi,

I'm using a Toshiba laptop, (an older Satellite, but not very old - it says "Designed for Windows XP" on it) and I cannot make the Eclipse work. It's irking me quite a bit, since all the requisite drivers are allegedly installed. However, keyboard simply will not type, (but it will light up). Right now I'm typing this on the laptop's keyboard.

Is there some setting I need to change on the laptop to make it respond to an external keyboard? Legacy USB support is enabled in the BIOS already, and I used Windows Update to get the drivers.

TIA.

BTW, using Windows XP Pro, SP2.

Edit: I just un-disabled the 2 of 3 Human Interface Devices that I had (the 3rd is a Microsoft USB mouse) and got this interesting conondrum, which had gone away following using Windows Update for drivers:

Whenever I attempt to update the drivers on that problem device, this is what happens:

So what's up with this thing? It lights up, like I said, but can do nothing else (it won't even respond to Num Lock).

When I plugged in my Saitek Legacy keyboard and unplugged my old standard keyboard my Microsoft wireless optical mouse stopped working in either the mouse port or the usb port. I unplugged my Legacy keyboard and put my old one back on and went to add hardware wizard where I found that I had an unknown device not functioning, Through the wizard I updated the driver and found it was a USB hub driver for my motherboards onboard usb.. I had not had any issue with any other USB device up to this point so didnt realize that the driver was missing.

I had also attempted to use windows update directly before trying the add hardware wizard to no effect. (did not show any hardware or software updates available) I don't know why adding the keyboard to a usb port would cause my mouse, which was at the time in the mouse port, to stop working but replacing the driver did fix the problem. I imagine I would have had the same issue with any USB keyboard I had tried not just the Saitek.

I would recomend using the add hardware wizard to check/update/replace your usb hub drivers rather than windows update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online