1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with shortcut errrors

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by vicman, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicman

vicman Thread Starter

I am running windows ME and everytime that I reboot and I am on the desktop screen I get lots of problem with shortcut errors any one know why this happens?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What exactly happens? If you right click on them, is the destination directory correct?

3. vicman

vicman Thread Starter

I have never tried to do that, I just click on OK for every one of them and then they just repeat again it does this twice it's about 30 of them. I ran AVG anti virus and it found virus and I remove them. It seems to be repeating though.

4. ~Candy~

I guess I am not following you when you say you click ok for every one of them? :confused:

What viruses were found?

Perhaps you need to download Hijack this, scan the system, and post a scan log.

5. ~Candy~

And why do you have 30 shortcuts on the desktop to begin with????

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice