1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with shortcut icons

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by theriel, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theriel

theriel Thread Starter

Hi!
    I am quite a new user of Windows Vista (not because I have ever wanted to use it, but because I was forced to do so -> standard laptop equipment).

I have a problem with icons. Recently, having installed some video codecs (_probably_ because of that), I found that my explorer (and desktop as well) icons of shortcuts crushed. It means: there are still those beautiful big and so on icons, but in their left bottom corner there is another, standard "unknown" icon present. To make it more clear I attach a small jpg with this phenomenon.

The question is - how to 'repair' them? I tried uninstalling all the programs I have installed recently - did not help.

Thank you for any clues!

Attached Files:

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Just delete them and then remake them unfortunately we don't have tweak-ui yet in Vista to rebuld them and i don't see anything else to use..

3. theriel

theriel Thread Starter

Well... That's the most obvious solution. Already checked - doesn't work. The problem affects ALL the shortcuts in the system, wherever and whenever they would be created. It is a global problem - creating another user account does not help. What is more - restoring system to the state from a few days also does not help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/662019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice