1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Shutdown

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jpsimon1978, Oct 16, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpsimon1978

jpsimon1978 Guest Thread Starter

Yesterday morning I changed some settings for the Power Profile as someone talked about on his ICQ home page, don't know what his name was but I was trying to help the computer from freezing up so much. Anyhow the problem is that now when I shutdown the computer, the computer won't turn off the processing unit or tower like it used to do. It just says the following message: It is now safe to turn off your computer. How do I fix it back so it will work like it used to do? Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Jeff

2. walkeriam

walkeriam

This is a good site for step by step troubleshooting of ShutDown Problems. http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

Start with Step #1 and work your way through to Step #15 till you fix it.

Let us know if this helps.

3. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

Yeah that's a really good site! A lot of good info there. I found this on there and thought it was funny :D

"TweakUI has a box to show Control Panel on Start Menu | Settings. If you uncheck this box, it removes the Control Panel entry.

Unfortunately, this removes all routes to the Control Panel and its applets. Since TweakUI is on the Control Panel, you can’t use the same utility to get it back!"

DOH! :eek: :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172491

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice