1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with sound,Realtek sound card

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Awareness, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Awareness

Awareness Thread Starter

After I installed Windows 7,I started having a problem with sound.My sound card is onboard Realtek High Definition Audio.The problem is,sometimes I hear a "cht pht" while listening to music,radio,game on computer.After noticing this problem,I installed the latest drivers of Realtek,but nothing changed.Also I tried installing my motherboard's sound driver,but again nothing changed.Then I tried a previous driver cause I heard that it works better but nothing changed.Also I tried using other speakers,but nothing changed.I tried playing with sound settings,including "block all sound effects" but I still have the problem.

What can be the problem,this problem started after I installed Windows 7.

2. zyper95

zyper95

What is the model of your motherboard? try to visit the motherboards website and download the driver for your sound card that is compatible for Windows 7. You can also try to install a vista sound card driver if there is no windows 7 driver available for your motherboard.

3. Awareness

Awareness Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer.I have already tried what you said,there is a Windows 7 compatible driver on my computer's motherboard's(Gigabyte) website,and I have tried it,but nothing changed,the problem continues.

4. zyper95

zyper95

Try to install the driver from the device manager.

5. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

have you tried going into device properties & working with the options there? mine has enhancements & an equalizer & all kinds of adjustments you can make. look at your default device & properties for what might cause unwanted noise.

6. Awareness

Awareness Thread Starter

Thanks for your answers.

wtxcowboy,I have already tried what you said,but it doesn't solve my problem.

zyper95,I am going to try your recommendation.

7. Awareness

Awareness Thread Starter

zyper95,I tried installing drivers from device manager like you said,but the problem still continues.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice