problem with space in hard disk...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sunny_ag

Hii guys,

this is my first post..... i am facing one problem....
i am using windows XP professional...... i hav installed this in c:\> ....... the problem is when i am at root of c: and do ctrl+A and see the properties it shows.... 4.35 gb used space.... and when doing right click on c: and check the properties it shows... 6.40gb used space...

why there is difference of 2 gb?????

and i doubt it shouldn't be 6.40gb coz i hav only installed XP in this drive..... for program files i hav made a separate drive....

well ... Ctrl + A does not select the hidden files

Hidden files contain files like pagefile ...etc etc which are big in size
Thats why you are having problem

go to folder options to show hidden files and then ctrl + A to selct all the files and then check the size

What is happening even though all of the directories are highlighted what is being shown with ctrl-A is just the total of the directory minus the content of the directories where when doing properties it shows the total of everything including the file content of the directories.

Your computer is just fine not to worry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts