Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with speakers

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Derrick 
#1 ·
I am having a problem with my speakers. They worked fine and then one day I turned them on and they had a loud feedback sound. They have been doing it ever since. I don't know whether it is a software problem or hardware problem (or possibly they just went bad). Can someone give me some things to try?

#6 ·
Sounds like an internal electronic failure/problem in the amplifier section of the speakers. if it is not affected by the volume control on the speakers themselves, otherwise (if only the PC volume control is available) it could be the lead PC to speakers.

#10 ·
You said, "When plugging into the "audio out" jack there was a lot of popping/cracking as if it may be shorting out."

If this occurred WHEN the plug was going in or out, the popping/cracking is normal static and is worse as the volume level is higher. It's caused by the momemtary connection of the "Parts" of the plug as it passes thru the socket.

#17 ·
Have you tried reinstalling your sound card? I had an unexplanable speaker malfunction this time last year and I reinstalled the sound card (I had a CD that went with it, so I just popped it in and ran the install) and it was fine.

#18 ·
Thats what I would do, remove the sound card completly from device manager and all the drivers,remove the sound card ,clean it, and maybe even try a different slot,check all connections again,make sure your plugged in to the right output,install the drivers and give it a try! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.