1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with start bar on secondary monitor??? Please help :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SPL Tech, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL Tech

SPL Tech Thread Starter

Also I got some picture for you guys:

Whenever I play a game I need to go into clone mode so both monitors display the same image. When I exit out of the game I go back into extended desktop mode. Well what usually happens is when I go into clone mode half the icons move over to the opposite side of the monitor. Then when I exit clone mode back into extended desktop mode, the start menu is on the wrong monitor and I cant mouse over to the monitor from the correct side of the monitor. I have to go to the incorrect side of the monitor to mouse over to the other monitor. Here is a print screen of what I do step by step:

My monitor in extended desktop mode:

[​IMG]

Then I go into clone mode and the icons move to the other side of the monitor:

[​IMG]

This is what the display properties menu looks like at the moment:

[​IMG]

At this moment I choose the default monitor to be the primary monitor ( the secondary monitor for some reason seems to become the default monitor when I go into clone mode)

[​IMG]

Here I choose to make the default monitor the primary monitor and I choose the secondary monitor to be the extended desktop monitor. At this point the video card always switches the monitors around. Monitor number one becomes two and two becomes one. Also the mouse does not mouse over correctly. The arrows indicate the direction I need to move the mouse to get over to the other monitor.

[​IMG]

Then I switch the monitors around on the little “1” and “2” blue boxes that indicate the monitors position in the display properties menu.

[​IMG]

Then I move the icons and secondary taskbar where it belongs and everything is back to normal again.

[​IMG]

So how do I skip doing all this bull? The monitors should go into clone mode without moving the icons around and they got back into extended desktop mode without screwing up the monitors position and task bar.

And I have UltraMon. UltraMon does not appear to have any options that will have any effect on my problem. None of the options have any effect on going from extended desktop mode to clone mode and back from what I found. It appears to have a option to alow me to go into clone mode (they call it mirror mode) but I already have that option through the ATI CCC.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540972

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice